I make things, take too many pictures, and post them here.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

A bit about the CD cases..

The outer fabrics are all cotton hand dyes. I used lots of different methods - low-water immersion, various stitch resists, overdyeing, etc.
The inner fabrics are whatever commercial prints I have lying around. Some of it was yardsale or inherited. Some of it is a print I fell in love with and NEEDED TO OWN and yet had no idea what to do with.

All of the drawings are stitched using the freemotion function of my sewing machine. I sketch the image on paper first. I don't transfer the image directly, just make a few marks with a disappearing fabric marker, and just draw with the machine. There's a fairly heavy stabilizer on the back of the fabric to prevent tooooo much pulling on the fabric.

I am wholly unconcerned with perfect corners and squaring and hiding my thread tails. As long as the CD and insert fit, I'm happy!

2 Comments:

Blogger My Brain on Quilts said...

Your CD cases are fabulous! I love the hedgehog and shaggy dog!

January 13, 2009 at 8:01 AM

 
Blogger Fulvia said...

Congratulations on the music and the CD covers! Thank you for sharing this on the quiltart list.

January 13, 2009 at 11:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home