I make things, take too many pictures, and post them here.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lamb skulls, updated

I didn't think I was going to go in this direction with the lamb skulls, but I ended up squishing them onto a quilt.

The background fabric is green stuff from my last post. Binding didn't seem appropriate to finish the edges (and I am lazy), so I used two layers of overcast stitching instead. Finished size is 15x19.5". Cotton duck and muslin, cotton/poly thread, fabric marker, and graphite, poly batting.
There are a number of errors, certainly (I wasn't really going for perfect!) - but I still like it. I am sending it to someone (I think), and I hope he likes it too.

I was a bit too excited about finishing it to wait for it to dry completely after steaming it. You'll notice some dampness in the pictures :)





I kind of love making giant-applique-image-in-the-center-of-a-quilt things.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb Lacativa said...

I love this! Monsters lurking inspire me all the time. Don't know how I've missed your blog to this point in time so thanks for posting to the QA list.

April 23, 2008 at 8:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home